When you start a freelancing career, you will learn the skills needed for your freelance job, you will also get clients. If your client is from the same country, you can easily get your payment in your country’s currency. But if your client is from another country, you will get payment in other country’s currency. Then you have to convert that currency into the currency of your country using traditional paper method. In the past this traditional process used to take more time to transfer your money. But now there are many payment methods available that transfer your money in a very short time. PayPal is also one of the payment transfer methods used in most countries.
How to join PayPal ?
To join PayPal you need to have :
- A verified email Id,
- A bank account,
- A debit card/ Credit card. (Not required if you are a freelancer or use PayPal to get payment.)
You can join PayPal using a web browser or a mobile app. Everyone uses a mobile phone now, so let’s see how to create a PayPal account using the mobile app.
Step 1 : Search “PayPal” in the Google play store or iOS store.
Step 2 : Google play or iOS store page will open with PayPal app window, install the app from page.
Step 3 : After installing the app, open it and click on sign up button .
Step 4 : It will ask for your phone number and email id when signing in. Verify your phone number and email id and set a password for your account.
Your account in now created on PayPal app.
How to add a bank account for getting PayPal from PayPal ?
To get a payment from PayPal , you need to add and link a bank account with your PayPal account .
- Click on upper right gear (⚙️) in the PayPal app, settings page will open.
- Click on personal information and add or verify personal details like email ID, phone no and address details.
- Now, click on “bank accounts and cards” and click on “Bank accounts for withdrawal”. You will be requested to visit PayPal website as linking bank account option is currently not available on PayPal app.
- Log in to your PayPal account using mobile web browser and click on upper right ☰, click on Account settings.
- In Account settings select “Money, Bank and cards” option.
- In bank accounts, click on “Link a bank account”.
- Add bank IFSC code (You can get IFSC code using Location details )and bank account no.
- To confirm your bank account, PayPal team will send you a small amount of money twice (For India, it is less than INR 1.50) to your bank account and you need to verify the amount deposited.
Once you verify the amount, your bank account will link with PayPal account and You will start getting payment from PayPal.
Also Read :
If you have any questions, please ask in comments. We will reply as early as possible. You can also visit freelancing ideas to get updates about genuine methods to earn money online .